Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Couch Potato (er, Tator Tot)

The other night, Nathan and I rented a Redbox children's movie at the McDonald's just down the road. His pick! The next night, I loaded him up to return it. He was asking if we were going to get another one that night.

Now, I am not a movie junkie. I do like a good movie or a fun show, but I would rather see him play inside, outside or read books with me than watch TV.

He knows that, because he must hear me tell him (I don't know how many times), "You might turn into a couch potato if you sit and watch TV all day. I wouldn't want that to happen!"
So, naturally, my response was, "No, not tonight."

He simply looked at me in agreement and said, "Yeah, because I wouldn't want to turn into a tater tot, huh?!"

I had to stop and think about what he was talking about. Then, I realized he had confused couch potato with tater tot.
I smiled and said, "Ewww, no, that would not be good! I would not want that to happen!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! That is hillarious! Kids say the darndest things. Love it! :)
Tara

Kim said...

So funny! I love those funny little surprises that come out of small mouths! :)

Marcella said...

That is the cutest!